#ContactForm1{ display: none ! important; }

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Two for Tuesdays and July's Currently

I'm joining The Teaching Tribune for Two for Tuesday!  I'm placing two of my most frequently pinned products on sale for 50% off.  


Last year I was a fourth grade special education teacher who co-taught in an inclusion classroom.  We had kids with learning disabilities, autism, TBI, etc.  Needless to say it was quite a challenge to teach long division and multi-digit multiplication.  So, I came up with this and it really helped.....everyone 
in the class, not just the special ed. kids.  

We taught a variety of ways to try and reach ALL our kids and it worked!  Kids who had been struggling were finally getting it! 😊  
We made an anchor chart for the room and made copies of the personal anchor charts for the kids to keep in their binders.  The examples and explanations were helpful for parents too as they supervised homework.



Then we gave the kids practice problems to work on through the week.  I included an answer key so we could show the kids how to work through the problems. I hope you find this as helpful for you as it was for us!


This one is for all you special education teachers that
 teach Read 180 and/or System 44.   



I've never done a "Currently" but thought I'd give it a whirl! 
Thanks to Lucky to be in First for the July template!
So here it goes....

Right now I'm reading and enjoying Donalyn Miller's The Book Whisperer.  
I find myself rethinking how I want to design my class library next year.  
Thoughts anyone???
 If anyone has any great reading recommendations, I'd love to hear them.  
Just post your ideas in the comments section.  

No comments :

Post a Comment

01 09 10