#ContactForm1{ display: none ! important; }

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Meet The Teacher Blogger

I'm delighted to be linking up to the Meet the Teacher Linky!
Happy Hump Day! Whoop Whoop! My name is Carolyn.  I'm a  wife, mom, teacher, and new blogger.  This is my 19th year teaching.  I started out my career with 4th and 5th graders, taught 10 years of kindergarten, and spent many years subbing and doing educational therapy.  Last year I was in special education and co-taught in a 4th grade inclusion class.  This year I'm the general education teacher in a co-taught 5th grade inclusion class.  I'm so excited to get back in the classroom and try out all the new ideas I found on Pinterest this summer! 😊 

I've been married to this amazing man for 28 years. We've got 3 amazing kids and 2 amazing grandkids.  Life is good!
 {I moved rooms this summer.}

I've been busy this summer with my family, friends, a trip to the mountains and ALMOST weekly trips to the beach for the day! (One of the advantages of living 45 minutes away from the beach!)






 THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS...

Hubby~Kiddos~GRAND BABIES~The Beach~The Mountains~READING~Grilling Out~MUSIC Chocolate Chip Cookies~Colored Pens~Snow Days~Chocolate Covered Raisins~Cashews~Movies
TEACHING ~ MY PUPPY!


 IF YOU WEREN'T A TEACHER, WHAT WOULD YOU WANT TO BE?
The only thing I've ever wanted to be was a mom and a teacher.  
I consider myself blessed to be both and now a Grandma!  


THREE LITTLE WORDS THAT DESCRIBE YOU.
Passionate~Loving~Worker  

 
FINISH THE SENTENCE, "________,  SAID NO TEACHER EVER!!"

"I'm SO excited to work on my lesson plans ALL weekend...said no teacher EVER!!"
 

Q: IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY AND YOU CAN INVITE ANYONE {DEAD OR ALIVE} TO THE PARTY. WHO ARE YOU INVITING?

Definitely my Dad ~ It's been 10 years and I still miss him like crazy.  He's my hero!

Q: IF SOMEONE WROTE A BOOK ABOUT YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD BE THE TITLE?

 Life is Good!


 Q:YOU GET TO PICK ONE SUPERPOWER. WHAT IS IT?
My superpower would be that I could go without sleeping or at least on just a few hours a day!
I always need more time!!

Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE QUOTE OR SAYING?

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths your take, but by the  moments that take your breath away." 
 

Q: IF YOU HAD TO SING ONE SONG ON AMERICAN IDOL, WHAT WOULD IT BE? 

 "This Is Your Life" - Switchfoot



 
 Q: ARE YOU A MORNING PERSON OR A NIGHT OWL?

Mornings ~ I wake up early ALL the time.  When I retire some day I will definitely be a night person.
I love to stay up late and sleep in!  

 
Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE RESOURCE THAT YOU'VE CREATED IN YOUR TPT SHOP?

 It's a brand new product that includes everything you need to start and run a Classroom Economy.  I used to do this with my kindergarten kiddos on a much smaller scale.  Now I've ramped it up for 5th grade and can't wait to get started.  I think the kids are going to LOVE it!  The BEST thing about it is that it's 100% editable!  You can personalize every page for your classroom setup.  Details to follow on how to implement the program.  





Q: SHARE SOMETHING WE MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT YOU! 

I am a very picky eater!  I don't like very many vegetables which makes eating healthy quite a challenge.  Since my son is getting married this fall ~ I need to do something QUICK!


 ************************************************************************
Your turn!! Here's what you need to join the party!!!


 Tell us all a little bit about you. Follow that up by copy and pasting the Q&A Session and adding your own answers. Make sure to include the square "MEET THE TEACHER BLOGGER" button (above) at the end of your post and link it back here so others can find the linky! When your post is published, link it up and join the party below!!!

{Please don't link to your store or anywhere other than directly to your Meet The Teacher post. 
 I don't want to delete links but I will if they go to stores or other content.}

Now visit the 3 bloggers that linked up before you and show them some love!! :)


3 comments :

  1. I almost picked the same super power! There's just so much to do, but I need my precious zzzz's. I'm not a huge veggie fan either. Does it count if they are smothered in cheese sauce? ;) I had fun reading all about you!

    Aimee
    Primarily Speaking

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a morning person too!... it was actually a tough pick but I decided based on when I would most like to talk to people or be less grumpy.

    Christine
    Confessions of a Modern Day [ex] Substitute Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fun, Aimee. We have several things in common. Nice to learn about people this way. Loved your quote! And your superpower! Maybe with my "UNDO" power I could undo a night I didn't sleep much and replace it with one in which I did... wait! That would be most nights! Thanks for sharing. Kathleen
    Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10